1. Bill to grant reasonable water access on man made lakes
2. Lake District Recount Law Signed
3. Central Sands Study Update
4. Legislative Finance Committee Releases Funds For Central Sands Study
5. Wisconsin Legislature $10M Plan on Contaminated Water
6. Nitrate Issues Update
7. DNR – PFAS Contamination
8. Oct2019Riparian Property’s Economic Impact
a. Value Summary Chart
9. Central Sands! How did we get here?
a. Part 1
b. Part 2
c. April 2019 Study Update
10. Wisconsin Legislature Clean Water
11. Pleasant Lake Fighting Hi Caps
a. State on Cumulative Impact
b. Amicus Brief
c. Legal Battles
1. Ruling against Town of Saratoga
2. Saratoga-fighting on
3. April 2019 Update
d. Possible Participation
12. Groundwater Quantity Fundamentals
The Central Sands Water Action Coalition (CSWAC) is a coalition of groups in Central Wisconsin that have joined together to protect water in this unique region of the state. We advocate for the fair use of water resources among the diverse interests that live in the region. The mistaken belief that there is an unlimited supply of water in the Central Sands region has led to irresponsible use of the resource. We believe that smart, science-driven decision-making can guarantee that there is enough water for everyone.
1. Maps of the Central Sands
2. DNR central Sands ground water use study
3. News and updates index for more information related to Central Wisconsin’s groundwater
4. Contact the CSWAC
5. Wisconsin Green Fire New Environmental Organization for help on scientific information and professional expertise
** More about the CSWAC
Wisconsin Water Action
1. Central Sands Act 10 Study Area Funding
a. Joint Finance, See #8 and #9
b. Krug Statement after Budget Signed
c. $400,000 in budget for study area funding. DNR ready to begin the study which will take several years to complete.
2. Sulfide Mining Reduce Restrictions Bill Journal Sentinel
** More Concerning Wisconsin Water Action
It’s Your Water
CSWAC is one of the organizations leading the effort to generate awareness for the Its Your Water campaign!
Why a public awareness campaign about wisconsin water?
– In a state so rich in water resources, it is unacceptable that people can’t drink their tap water because of unsafe levels of lead, nitrates or bacteria.
– Because we rely heavily on outdoor tourism and waterfront property for income and enjoyment, and cannot continue to risk our lakes, rivers and wetlands drying up or being dangerously polluted.
– Because we pride ourselves on just public process, and cannot take away local governments’ ability to protect their property values and unique water resources.
**JOIN US! Your voice makes a difference. Take one minute to add your name at #itsyourwaterwisconsin