1. Dairy Business Association CAFO lawsuit trying to stop DNR regulation of CAFOs affecting groundwater pollution.
a. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article
b. Wisconsin Public Radio
c. CAFOs threaten Wisconsin waterLynn & Nancy Utesch
2. Foxconn in Wisconsin
a. Foxconn plans in Wisconsin
b. A second Plant
c. Potential Environmental Problems
3. Potential for Manure Spreading Rules
a. SB76 study areas need funding!
b. SB76 local impact Ben Rogers
4. Clean Wisconsin/Pleasant Lake Lawsuit
The Central Sands Water Action Coalition (CSWAC) is a coalition of groups in Central Wisconsin that have joined together to protect water in this unique region of the state. We advocate for the fair use of water resources among the diverse interests that live in the region. The mistaken belief that there is an unlimited supply of water in the Central Sands region has led to irresponsible use of the resource. We believe that smart, science-driven decision-making can guarantee that there is enough water for everyone.
1. Maps of the Central Sands
2. News and updates page for more information related to Central Wisconsin’s groundwater
3. Newsletter Archive
4. Contact the CSWAC
** More about the CSWAC
1. CAFOs threaten Wisconsin waterLynn & Nancy Utesch
2. Foxconn plans in Wisconsin
3. Foxconn Potential Environmental Problems
4. Potential for Manure Spreading Rules
5. SB76 local impact Ben Rogers
** More Concerning Editorials/Op-Eds/Hand-outs
Wisconsin Water Action
** More Concerning Wisconsin Water Action
Presentations and Videos
1. February 8, 2017 Water Lobby Day – visual compilation of all of the studies done in the Central Sands Region since 1976 (maps and notes to maps)
2. December 13, 2016 Water Resources Education Coalition
a) Wisconsin’s Public Trust Doctrine and Water Law Cases
b) Central Sands Groundwater Impacts
c) Groundwater Impacts to Lakes and Fish Populations
d) Economic Impact of Water
3. Videos about Water Quality, Quantity, and Use in Wisconsin
It’s Your Water
CSWAC is one of the organizations leading the effort to generate awareness for the Its Your Water campaign!
Why a public awareness campaign about wisconsin water?
– In a state so rich in water resources, it is unacceptable that people can’t drink their tap water because of unsafe levels of lead, nitrates or bacteria.
– Because we rely heavily on outdoor tourism and waterfront property for income and enjoyment, and cannot continue to risk our lakes, rivers and wetlands drying up or being dangerously polluted.
– Because we pride ourselves on just public process, and cannot take away local governments’ ability to protect their property values and unique water resources.
**JOIN US! Your voice makes a difference. Take one minute to add your name at #itsyourwaterwisconsin